Environmentally friendly and sustainable, and we’re not just saying that
At DTE, we think highly of both wood and the environment – so highly that we have the credentials to back it up. You can see our most important certifications here.
If you have questions about our certifications, you are always welcome to call us on +45 70 251 251.
EMAS and DS/EN ISO 14001:2004
EMAS is the EU’s environmental management scheme. The scheme is voluntary, and EMAS is the most ambitious environmental management system for which a company can be certified. If you want to know more about DTE’s environmental work, you can receive our environmental statement by calling +45 70 251 251
Read more about EMAS here.
FSC®and PEFC certification
FSC®and PEFC are both independent non-profit organisations that have established standards for sustainable forestry. Both standards emphasise:
- Conservation and protection of biological diversity
- Forestry must comply with applicable legislation, international treaties and conventions
- must maintain, conserve and re-establish environmental benefits and values and must avoid, remedy or mitigate negative environmental impacts.
- Forestry must maintain or improve social and economic conditions for those working in the forest, both nationally and in the local area.
- Operational plans must be drawn up for the certified forest with an emphasis on management of the forest’s long-term economic viability.
Both schemes are based on the ability to trace the wood used back to the original forest. DTE has chosen to be traceability-certified under both systems. In other words, you can buy certified packaging from DTE.
Read more about FSC here.
Read more about PEFC here.
ISPM 15 is a common international standard for heat treatment of unprocessed wood used in the manufacture of packaging material. The labelling scheme serves to prevent the spread of plant diseases and pests.
Read more about ISPM 15 here.
Working environment – DS OHSAS 18001:2008
The “Crown Smiley” was awarded by the Danish Working Environment Authority because DTE possesses a working environment certificate in accordance with DS OHSAS 18001:2008 demonstrating that DTE employs a systematic approach toward continuous improvement in the working environment at a high level.
As a wood ambassador, we work to promote the knowledge and popularity of wood as a raw material.
Read more about why wood is brilliant here.